Kelowna's #1 Laser Clinic for over 20 yrs!
Offering two technologies for Laser Hair Removal.
Candela GentleYag and Venus Versa.
Check out our new hair removal system! Newest and fastest technology on the market,
virtually pain free with no downtime.
The Venus Versa only available at Nicola's Laser Studio.
Save on Combo Packs
Chin and neck $95
Side Burns $75
Half Face $125
Lower Legs $195
Full Legs $350
Ab Trail $65
Toes and Feet $65
Full Arms $175
Mens Back $250
Mens Chest & Abs $300
Mens Buttock $125
Bikini/Underarms $120 (reg $140)
Brazilian/Underarms $140 (reg$160)
Lower Legs/Bikini $210 (reg $230)
Lower Legs/Bik/Und $260 (reg $300)
Lower Legs/Braz/Und $280 (reg $320)
Full Legs/Bik /Und $400 (reg $440)
Mens Back and Buttock $250 (reg $300)
Mens Back & Chest/Abs $400 (reg $450)
For more information on Laser Hair Removal and prices on different areas
call today for a complimentary consultation
Here's the Skinny!
The Candela GentleYag Laser safely and effectively treats the hair without targeting the skin. Our GentleYAG laser technology is known for its ability to provide 80-90% permanent hair reduction . . . regardless of skin type.
The GentleYAG System, a revolutionary long-pulse high energy laser emits a gentle beam of light that harmlessly passes through the skin where the hair is absorbed by the target. The laser energy is transformed into heat, leaving the surrounding skin unaffected.
A Dynamic Cooling Device™ further protects the skin during treatment where cryogen is sprayed onto the skin cooling the upper layers and providing clients with increased comfort. GentleYag selectivity helps to protect the skin, while effectively treating the unwanted hair.
Thanks to the GentleYAG's advanced technology, we now have the ability to offer laser hair removal to everyone. Whether you are fair skinned, dark skinned, or even tanned! (fairer hair types will receive better results if not tanned) We can eliminate the need for shaving, tweezing or waxing.
The Laser treatment is based on a pulse size. Most lasers can target 9mm per pulse where as with Candela Lasers we can target 18mm per pulse. Therefore it takes LESS than 1/2 the time per treatment compared to other Laser systems. The combination of the instant cooling and large pulse size makes this system the most gentle and fastest on the market.
The Venus Versa system is the newest technology on the market with its smart pulse technolgy and cooling tip the Venus Versa is extremely fast and effective with no down time. Works wonderful on legs and mens backs. A mens back can now be done in 20 minutes. Nicola's Laser Studio is the only Laser clinic that offers these two amazing technologies, making us NUMBER ONE in Kelowna.
Question - How does the laser treatment work?
Answer - The laser creates a beam of light that penetrates into skin where it delivers a controlled amount of targeted therapeutic heat. Candela's patented Dynamic Cooling Device (DCD) technology protects the upper layers of your skin with a cooling burst of cryogen. Together, the long-pulse laser and the DCD cooling offer optimal treatment with minimal side effects.
Question - What can I expect during treatment?
Answer – Come and meet Nicola and her daughter Alexandra and Pamela Kainth MD on board. Certified laser technicians with over 40 years experience in hair removal and skin care.
Treatment will take place in our private studio with a relaxing and comfortable atmosphere designed for both men and women.
You will wear safety eyewear to protect your eyes from the laser light.
A treatment could take as little as a few minutes to as long as an hour, depending on the area and condition being treated. “A lot of our clients come in on their lunch hour”.
With years experience in the business I am happy to say that 99% of my clients, say, “That was not as bad as I thought it would be!”
At Nicola’s Laser Studio we strive on making it the most comfortable experience possible.
Question - Does it hurt?
Answer - Some patients may feel a slight discomfort with the laser pulse. This discomfort resolves in a second and is minimized by Candela's DCD coolingand now with our newest technology exclusive to Nicola's Laser Studio, the Venus Versa it is virtually pain free!
Question - How many treatment sessions will I need?
Answer - The number of sessions depends on the treatment you require and the condition of your skin. For hair removal, multiple treatments are required, as the process is only effective when the hair is in its active growth phase.
Question - How do I prepare for treatment?
Answer - Patients scheduled for hair removal should avoid tweezing, electrolysis or waxing for four to six weeks prior to treatment. If you have had a history of perioral herpes and are scheduled for facial hair treatment, prophylactic antiviral therapy may be prescribed. Also any hair should be completely removed by shaving (the day prior), and your skin should be thoroughly cleaned and dried, removing any makeup or creams on its surface before laser treatment. If you are in a hurry or on your lunch hour, we offer a private room where you can come in and remove your makeup and prep for your treatment. We also have razors available at our studio.
It has been our experience that women with facial hair have found it hard to stop tweezing 4 weeks prior to a treatment. Please come in for a consultation and we can work with you to make this transition easy for you and get you on your way to permanent hair reduction. We guarantee that you will be 100% happy after just one treatment!
Questions - What can I expect after treatment?
Answer - A cool compress or gel pack may be applied for comfort following your treatment, however usually not needed. We will apply cooling Aloe vera gel to the treated area and you may be red in the area for a maximum of one hour. Patients should avoid sun exposure one week before and after treatment, by applying sun block (SPF 30 or higher) prior to going outdoors.
Questions - Are there side effects?
Answer - Your risks are minimal. We offer the Candela GentleYAG Laser. This laser uses a long pulse system that targets substance and does not target your skin. This new technology is now the safest laser on the market. There will be minimal side effects to the skin and we can treat all skin types, even tanned skin.
Side effects may include redness and swelling in the treated area - these usually do not last more than a few hours.
Question - Why do we use the Candela GentleYAG laser?
Answer - It uniquely provides laser hair removal for everyone. Whether you are fair skinned, dark skinned or tanned, the GentleYAG can eliminate the need for shaving, tweezing or waxing. The GentleYAG system, a revolutionary long-pulse high energy Nd:YAG laser, incorporates Candela's DCD cooling where cryogen is sprayed onto the skin cooling the upper layers and providing patients with increased comfort. GentleYAG selectivity helps to protect the skin, while effectively treating the unwanted hair.
When you come in for your first treatment or complimentary consultation please do not hesitate to ask as many questions as you want. Looking forward to helping you with your hair removal and skin care needs.
At Nicola's Laser Aesthetics Studio we would like to help you understand how permanent hair removal works.
* Hair provides protection to the skin and heat loss. Hair fiber protects the epidermis from minor abrasions and ultra violet rays.
* Eyebrows and eyelashes protect the eyes. Nasal hair traps any air borne foreign particles before reaching the lungs.
* Hair is there to protect the area, however hormones, stress, blood sugar levels, temporary removal such as waxing, shaving and tweezing may aggravate hair and therefore become courser and darker.
* Hair is composed of Keratin, the same protein that makes up nails and the outer layer of our skin. The part seen rising out the skin is the hair shaft or strand. Each strand consists of three layers. The cuticle is the outer protective layer and is thin and colorless. The middle layer is called the cortex and is the thickest. The cortex provides the strength and determines your hair color and whether it is straight or curly.
* Hair color is determined by melanin from pigment cells. The more pigment the darker the hair. For example, African hair contains more melanin in the cortex and less in the cuticle. When hairs are white or grey there is no pigment in the cortex. (Unfortunetly Laser hair removal will not work on light hair, grey or white hairs as there is no pigment for the Laser to target.)
* Hair follicles initially form at birth. No new follicles are created after birth. First hairs are called lanugo hair. Lanugo hair are fine, soft and have no pigment.
* At puberty vellus hair may be replaced by terminal hair, which is coarser and darker. This growth starts in the pubic region, eyelashes and eyebrows. These hair eventually become thicker and darker. Male facial hair will also get darker and coarser. Body hair can be stimulated by male hormones and terminal hair can also be replaced by vellus hair. (balding!)
Hair growth cycles
Hair growth cycles are influenced by age, hormones and physiological factors.
Anagen is the active growth cycle.To permanently remove a hair it has to be in this active growth cycle, where the hair is still attached to the blood supply. You must kill the blood supply. The hair will then not be able to grow. A third of your hair is always in a shedding stage and a third of your hair (hopefully more) will be in an active growth cycle. That is why when receiving laser hair removal it is a series of treatments. You will receive 80-90% permanent hair reduction with laser hair removal and electrolysis has been proven permanent.
Catagen is the transitional cycle.
Telogen is the resting stage.
* Anagen is the period of active hair growth where protein synthesis and keratinization is occurs
* Hair grows and sheds. You will shed anywhere from 50-100 hairs a day. The average rate of growth is about 1/2 inch a month. Hairs will grow faster in the summer, slowest in the winter and will speed up under heat or friction. Hair growth cycles will slow down the older we get. Progressive hair loss begins in the early fifties. Stress, lifestyle and medication can also cause hair loss.